Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sharing with you...

     Awe....  Nothing like waiting for someone to show up and they don't,  no phone call nothing...ugh..  Well my garbage disposal broke and it's leaking under the sink.  I had to move my things and put a bucket.  They were suppose to show up this morning...  But didn't,  yay messed up my whole morning waiting..  Just a phone call would do thanks very much...  Ok.. Funny as I'm writing this, the owner just text me O he will be there at five o'clock.  REALLY,  O my, people sometimes don't think...  Anyhow.. I hope your having a lovely day today..  We started out with sunshine and I thought that I would get to have tea in the garden today.. NOT it's 1:30 in the afternoon and it is windy now suns fading away..  Yesterday was beautiful after weeks of no summer.  But I spent it cleaning up the garden...  Should have just forgot that part and had tea instead...
     I thought I would share my pyrex bowls and a oval baker I have had for quite a few years..  I just recently purchased the bowls.  
          
          
     You saw this maybe when I made the apple crisp...  This large oval is good for a lot of different recipes like scalloped potatoes...  I make this one with velveta cheese milk and butter.. So yummy..
     These are my new bowls with clear glass tops...  At mama's house I keep and had collected aqua bowls like this among other pieces..  She back when had her kitchen white with aqua trim.. She never used them though only I did when I was there cooking for her...  That was the thing mama liked most when I visited and I cooked specially when I'd find a new recipe and we tried it out..  She would always tell me I just hate it when you go home...  ( yes I miss my mama very much, its only been two years since she left). We were'nt real close when I was young but time age and circumstances changed all that..  I got to know a different lady...
     Large, medium, small...  And a small bowl to some nesting bowls which I don't have maybe one day though...
     They're called the snowflake pattern...  I don't know about you but, for some reason I like using glass more than plastic.  But, I do like my tupperware.. .  It just feels better in glass..
     It is hard to find Pyrex at the thrifts stores here in San Francisco...  When I was collecting mama's aqua pyrex I found it all the time.  Hum, that's been some 13 years ago when I would take my dad to see the dr.  He would say here, here's few dollars go walk over the salvation army while I go in...  And of course I flew lol...  It was across from the hospital and dr.s office...  It is where I found many aqua pieces for mamas house...
     They match with my deocr.. 
     A aqua snowflake double baker.  Had this long time too.  
     I'm just a vintage ole soul...  My miss priss teapot that sits on my kitchen table...  She is just so cute I like to look at her everyday... She makes me smile...
     The first piece I got was the cute teabag holder for like $7.00 but they are like $54 and up..  I want the salt and pepper set...  One day too....
                I love a lot of things from the fifties as well as victorian....
           I just love the colors together...
          They go good with my new vintage table cloth.... 
             I love this table cloth, it is almost like new...
     Think I' going to do some crocheting while I'm waiting for 5: o'clock to roll around....  With love Janice....     HAPPY THURSDAY.. . .. .... .

3 comments:

  1. Love your blue bowls!! So pretty!! Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blue and aqua porcelain. So pretty!!!!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice collection of pyrex dishes. Blue & white together always looks so fresh and pretty. The only pyrex dish my mom owned was white with a black design. I passed it along to my brother when I cleared out Mom's house. It brought back good memories for him of a particular dish she made in that bowl. Love that cat teapot! What a happy little face :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete